We’re very proud of our shops here in Tideswell. We are still a focal point for many people’s weekly shop.
In Tideswell we have everything you need on a day-to-day basis. If you’re staying in a holiday cottage, there really is no need to bring anything with you beforehand. What is more you can buy before you arrive and have it delivered to your holiday cottage door using Tideswell’s Shop in Tideswell service – supporting our village shops rather than lining Tesco’s or Asda’s pockets!
We have the following shops in Tideswell and District.
- Tindalls – a fantastic bakery/deli open Monday to Friday, and mornings on Saturday.
- NT Gibbs – a great butcher who opens Tuesday To Friday and Saturday morning
- Peaches – the greengrocers, open seven days per week (till lunchtime at weekends)
- High Nelly’s Café – excellent coffee, tea and a tasty Swedish-inspired menu
- The Dairy Parlour Café which sells fabulous coffee, great food and sells a range of cheeses, dairy produce and other local produce (open seven days a week)
- HnD’s Bistro – a range of interesting teas, excellent coffee and cakes. Also serves takeaway food Thursday to Saturday evening and has a range of interesting menus from around the world Friday and Saturday evenings
- Fountain Square Pharmacy
- Tideswell Stores – a newspaper shop cum general store cum post office (open seven days a week) in both Tideswell and
- Litton Community Shop – award-winning community-run shop, with a post office counter and general supplies, plus a small café. Open seven days a week.
- Flossy Teacake – a gift and craft shop
- Tideswell Book Shop – a wonderful maze of a bookshop (open 6 days a week – winter opening hours vary)
- The Cherry Tree – a sandwich shop and deli (weekdays only)
- Our Co-op opens 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm. The only day it closes is on Xmas day!
- Seven food-serving pubs – The Horse and Jockey, The Star, The George, The Anchor, The Red Lion, The Anglers Rest and The Queen Anne – check for food serving times. Not forgetting The Cressbrook, a club in Cressbrook
- Two fish and chip shops
- Two hairdressers
- The Merchant’s Yard – fine dining in the heart in Tideswell
- A cash point and cash available in The Post Office during shop opening hours, cash back in the Coop
- Stella’s Kitchen – African/Caribbean food during the day on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday and sit-down meals on Friday and Saturday although space is limited.
- Tideswell is served by a number of take-aways – Stella’s Kitchen, Hope Valley Pizza and the Curry Cottage to name a few.