We’re very proud of our shops cafés and pubs here in Tideswell. We are still a focal point for many people’s weekly shop.
In Tideswell, we have everything you need on a day-to-day basis. If you’re staying in a holiday cottage, there really is no need to bring anything with you beforehand. What is more, you can buy before you arrive and have it delivered to your holiday cottage door using Tideswell’s Shop in Tideswell service – supporting our village shops rather than lining Tesco’s or Asda’s pockets!
We have the following shops in Tideswell and District.
- Tindalls – a fantastic bakery/deli open Monday to Friday, and mornings on Saturday.
- An organic Butcher – a great butcher selling much of their home-farmed produce. Open most Fridays and 9 am – 3 pm Saturday (https://keeperscottageorganics.co.uk)
- Peaches – the greengrocers, open seven days per week (till lunchtime on Saturday) and runs Shop In Tideswell
- High Nelly’s Café – excellent coffee, tea and a tasty Swedish inspired menu
- The Roostery Café sells fabulous coffee, great food and sells a range of cheeses, dairy produce and other local produce (open seven days a week)
- HnD’s Bistro tearoom – a range of interesting teas, excellent coffee and cakes. Also serves a weekend bistro menu and takeaway food on Friday and to Saturday evening
- Fountain Square Pharmacy
- Tideswell Stores – cards and gifts
- Litton Community Shop – award-winning community-run shop, with a post office counter and general supplies, plus a small café. Open seven days a week.
- , run by Carrie, sells hand-dyed yarns and lovely gifty things, plus knitting and crochet accessories. She also runs crafty workshops. Open to the public on Saturdays.
- Tideswell Book Shop – a wonderful collection of second-hand books located in the spectacular surrounds of the old bank. Sweets and cards too. (open Thursday – Sunday)
- The Cherry Tree – a fabulous sandwich shop (weekdays only)
- Our Co-op opens 7 days a week from 7 am to 10 pm. The only day it closes is on Xmas day!
- Seven food-serving pubs – The Horse and Jockey, The Star, The George, The Anchor, The Red Lion, the Anglers Rest and the Queen Anne – check for food serving times. Not forgetting The Cressbrook, a club in Cressbrook
- Two fish and chip shops
- A cash point, opposite the Roostery or cashback in the Coop
- Stella’s Kitchen in nearby Foolow – African/Caribbean food during the day on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday and sit-down meals on Friday and Saturday although space is limited.
- We are covered by a range of takeaways too, Hnd’s Bistro, Stella’s Kitchen, Hope Valley Pizza, Little India and the Curry Cabin